Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Rag-a-Tag

Seems to be I have been tagged by Ranjan . Apparently it means that I have to reveal 20 random things about me.

So here goes:

1. I love cricket as is apparent from the posts. I open the batting for the team that I play for. And recently I took a hat trick while bowling. And when I bowl I bowl reallll slooow.

2. My cover drive is as good as anybodys. Lots of people tell me it has an element of lazy elegance about it.

3. My favourite batsman is Damien Martyn who I am sorry to say Australia have dropped after one bad series of his without thinking that he had won the previous 2 almost single handedly.

4. The bowler whom I most admire is Wasim Akram , the last of the thinking kind, they dont make bowlers like em anymore.

5. When I used to play in school, I would bat at #3 and had a reputation for hitting the ball into the Secunderabad club and in the process having to cough up a lot of money.

6. The stroke that I am working on right now is the pull, I just cant manage to keep it down nor hit it through mid wicket so if you know how please tell me!!!

7. The best innings I have ever seen in my life are the back-to-back centuries scored by Steve Waugh in the Ashes series of 1997, with a split webbing on his right hand in seaming conditions and clutching his bottom hand each time the ball hit the higher part of his bat.

8. The best dismissal I have seen in my life is in the Chennai test between India and Pakistan in 1999. Wasim Akram bowls a ball to "The Wall" Rahul Dravid , ball swerves into him in the air, Dravid totally impeccable with bat pad so close together that even Geoff Boycots's houses mosquitoes cant get through is playing forward and then what do we see, the ball pitches and then LEAVES Rahul Dravid, pegging off stump back. The wall is breached and Sachin plays the innings of his life but sadly India end up losing.

9. The worlds top 5 current batsman who would have survived even against the WI pace attack of the early 80's are Dravid, Sachin, Lara, Kallis and Inzy.

10. My favourite writer on cricket is Ramachandra Guha.

11. According to me the best Hindi movie ever made is Jaani Dushman.

12. I am a great fan of Mithunda and his movies.

13. I am allergic to the following : Shah Rukh Khan, Karan Johar, Yash Chopra, Aditya Chopra and anything beginning with a K.

14. Apart from the aforementioned movies one of the serious Hindi movies that I like is Achanak , the best "serious non entertaining" Hindi movie I have ever watched and which does not seem to be of the "inspired" kind.

15. I admire Nagesh Kukunoor's work. The fact that hes from Hyderabad is a big plus.

16. I read lots of books and have a collection now that has cost me quite a bit. Big fan of Inspector Morse .

17. My most valuable book is Lila though it just cost me 20 bucks.

18. Of course when it comes to humour Tom Sharpe is the best.

19. Also watch a lot of english movies. A movie I like but did not get its due since Forrest Gump was released in the same year is this one .

20. And of course to end it all be sure to watch this movie and get back to me about it.

I guess I need to tag someone so here goes
The Alternate Moebyus


Nightwatchmen.

1 comment:

ranjan said...

Hehe :), I almost thought u will make it a "Eat Cricket , Watch Cricket, Sleep cricket" kind of post :), but thankfully !! Btw, India and England both lost :((

I guessed b4 i clicked that It was to be The Shawshank Redemption and the best part is it looks even better on 2nd viewing !!

Mulholland drive has been on my "to-watch" list for a long-long time, will do sooner or later :D.

Thanx for keeping the tag-chain going :)...