Friday, November 18, 2005

Tag virii.


v. tagged, tagging, tags
v.tr.
To mark or vandalize (a surface) with graffiti




I suppose a collablog does lead to unpleasant situations. Ah well, when former cricketers request (very politely, too) that you should do something, you do them. So here goes:


  1. I hate cricket. Maybe not the game, but the idea of watching a bunch of walking advertisements chase a piece of processed leather. I'd rather play. Or sleep.


  2. I read. Though some of my tastes do tend to be too weird for normal consumption, there are others that might be of some interest. Or maybe not.



  3. A born spectator, with not too much to confess. Apart from a mild dislike for poetry that (thankfully) does not extend to inflicting awful rhymes onto the world.



  4. My normal state: Inertia. See this, though it tends to be a more pronounced reflection of Newton's law.

    Then again, the lack of brain function does indicate something. I wonder what.



  5. It's been a long time since I sat down and watched tv, apart from the usual gawk at what nature can get up to if you leave things alone long enough. I wonder what I've missed.



  6. Humour. PJ's - the P'er the J'er, Paresh Rawal. Brit comedy. Rowan Atkinson is god. Seriously. The only art form they've perfected (or are even capable of.)

    Further reference: Stuff like Black Adder and Bean, Minister and P.M., Tom Sharpe and some others.



  7. Food! The regrettable tendency north of the tropic of Cancer to drown it in red oil and smother it in alu usually makes me stick to safer stuff.

    That "special" veg food is not paneer must be pounded into some people.



  8. Curiosity. It might have killed the cat, but they have enough lives to spare a few for this particular vice. Besides, you never know what you don't know until you try.



  9. I watch movies that make me frust. The other kind runs out of theatres long before I get around to watch them. After all, it is the "way of the future".



  10. A devout follower of the dictatorial method, particularly in certain things.



  11. Did I mention that I read? "Speculative fiction" not completely influenced by grampa's Tolkien and Asimov is good, though sometimes finding good ones is difficult.



    Long-winded series are a particular pet hate, particularly when the author seems likely to leave the endings to his 'spiritual heirs'.Five (three, but why quibble) years to wait for a book, and then get only half of it? Not nice. At all.



    (Remember: Imitation might be the sincerest form of flattery, but if the person you're imitating is long dead, the only result is a bunch of irritated readers.)




  12. I tend to get bored rather easily. Therefore:



  13. I'm lazy.



  14. I cheat, when I have to.



  15. Like when the effort is not worth the results.



  16. I suppose it is worth mentioning that der cricketer might like to blog. I don't. Too many things to do as it is.



  17. I can't count properly. Very useful, at times.



  18. A tendency to not complete things...

    ;)


  19. Q.E.D. (see postum scriptum)




Since I "have" to tag someone, so the two absentee individuals here who might actually contribute stuff are invited. No links to you, so there.



Forecast for the day:
Sunday is close: Carrying a sign that says "will miaou for food" might help.

PS: random thoughts are not usually fit to print. Just enjoyed. Like thoughts of der cricketer getting slowly snowed under by an avalanche of work, too busy to even see what horrors he causes by getting me to post stuff...

1 comment:

Praveen said...

good blog...
sorry for the late reply to your comments on my blog...
I fully agree with your point that the havenots, on the pretext of levelling the field, actually remove any merit based criterion for selection, thus hurting the haves.